KUKA Robotics Supporting STEM Education
STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. STEM fields are considered the core technological underpinnings of an advanced society by the United States National Research Council and the National Science Foundation. Today, we are seeing a surge of job openings in STEM fields and a lack of trained professionals to fill these positions.
In the next five years, there will be over 1 million jobs in STEM fields and industries.
In order to fill these jobs, and prepare for the future, we need to get more students interested and involved in STEM education. Students need to be mentally stimulated as well as engaged. Educators are turning towards innovative and interactive methods of teaching.
Check out this KUKA KORE infographic to find out more information on the growth of STEM education and robotics.
KUKA Robotics KORE Program
KUKA has engineered a hands-on solution for high schools, community colleges, universities, and technical centers. The KUKA KORE solution provides classrooms with robotic carts and learning materials, giving STEM students a competitive edge in education and future opportunities in the STEM job market. The KORE program uses real robotic hardware to teach students operational skills, fundamentals and control technology programming.
Benefits of using KUKA’s KORE program in classrooms:
- Adding robotic learning to Career Technical Education programs
- Offering curriculum and project-centered activities to prepare students working with real world industrial robots
- Joining innovative robotic curriculum certification with career cluster credentials
- Supports community workforce retraining initiatives
- Offers ability for students to present Manufacturer Certified Training Certificate to KUKA end user customers and System Integrators
KUKA KORE program packages incorporate robotic education with a certificate based curriculum in manufacturing and mechatronics.This curriculum challenges students to not only learn the fundamental skills from a textbook or computer, but inspires classroom growth through hands-on experience.
KUKA firmly believes that in order to educate students, one must have a comprehensive and advanced understanding of the robot. That’s why KUKA offers educators training through their certified education center, KUKA College.
Hands-on Learning: KUKA KORE
KUKA offers two diverse packages for the KORE learning program. These programs are designed to advance robotic knowledge and drive STEM Education towards success.
- 12 module KORE Program Curriculum including course labs, tests and student manuals
- Portable KORE Kart constructed of welded steel frame
- KUKA KR 6 R700 sixx robot with KR C4 compact controller and KUKA smartPAD teach pendant
- Portable KORE Kart
- Retractable Workspace
- Retractable stabilization outriggers
- Air compressor included
- 110V transformer
- Rugged industrial lockable casters
- Safety interlocked access doors
- Schunk gripper module with overload protection device
- Collapsed 31.75” Wide x 54” Long
- Expanded 81.5” Wide x 54” Long
KORE Exercise Hardware Package
- Course Curriculum Manuals
- 10-Seat server license of KUKA.SimPro & KUKA.OfficeLite simulation & programming software
- KORE Referenced Exercise Hardware Mounting SubPlate
- KORE Wave Plate With Replaceable Surface
- Aluminum Handling Blocks & Receiver Tray
- Tool Center Point (TCP) Teaching Tool
- Aluminum Dry Erase Pointer/Marker Tool & Stand
- Dry Erase Drawing Board
- Wire Ring Tracing Loop Tool & Stand
- Wire Trace Teaching Tools & Stands